One of the value propositions for Browse My Stuff is that it organizes content in a way that should be good to help long tail SEO (search engine optimization). When we were in the process of designing Browse My Stuff, I had a hard time finding good resources on how to go about long tail SEO. I’m still constantly looking. If I’m missing something good, please drop a comment.
I thought it would be helpful for me to share what I’ve found so far. As I find additional materials, they will become available through the site on the appropriate pages such as long tail seo.
The following are the top items I’ve collected so far based on social filtering.
- The Long Tail of Page One Rankings
- long-tail keywords – Wordtracker
- 6 Ways to Leverage the Long Tail in Your Marketing
- SEOmoz | Identifying Long Tail Patterns
- Google’s Search-based Keyword Tool: Monetize The Long Tail of Search | Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik
- Search’s Long Tail – Search Marketing News Blog – Search Engine Watch (SEW)
- SEOmoz | The Long Tail Theory Gets Challenged, Just Not in Search Query Demand
- The Internet Marketing Driver: The Long Tail of SEO, How Long Tail Keywords Impact Natural Search Traffic, Bounce Rate and Conversion.
- Hitwise Intelligence – Bill Tancer – US: Guest Post – Sizing Up the Long Tail of Search
- How to do long tail SEO?
- Targeting Conversions and Traffic with Long Tail Writing – Search Engine Guide Blog
- Sunday Morning SEO: Target Long Tail Keywords First | The Blog Herald
- UGC and SEO: Going for the Long Tail Keywords? at Emergence Media
- Long tail SEO – A simplified how-to | RagePank SEO
- PPC Marketing and Long-Tail Analysis – Rebuttal | Distinct SEO Blog
- Long Tail Search & Web Analytics
- Benefits of Optimizing for Long Tail Search
- Long Tail SEO Strategy Delivers Gold
- Long-Tail Criticisms – Applications for SEO | Distinct SEO Blog
- Should You Build Links for Competitive Terms or the Long Tail of Search? | SEO Design Solutions
- Ignore the Long Tail at Your Own Risk | SEO Design Solutions
- Death of the long tail? | Tracking Tourism: The Tourism Research Blog
- The SEO Guide to Information Architecture | AudetteMedia
- Science for SEO» Blog Archive » Long-tail is rubbish!
- Outsmarting the Competition with Long Tail Keywords
- The Wisest Person’s Guide to Long Tail Keyword Marketing – Barry Wise NJ SEO and Marketing Consultant
- Debating the Long Tail – Conversation Starter – HarvardBusiness.org
- Must-read research report on the Long Tail of natural search
- Google suggests the end of the long tail? : SEO Aberdeen
- SEO: Metrics That Matter | Practical eCommerce
- Practical eMarketer: SEO | Long Tail Keywords
- Marketing Result 02: Long Tail SEO
- Long Tail | Front-End Book
- Search Illustrated: B2B Long Tail SEO
- Scalable On-Page SEO Strategies
- The Long Tail of SEO Theory | SEO Theory – SEO Theory and Analysis Blog
- Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization Blog: Long Tail Modifiers for SEO
- How To Quickly And Easily Identify Long Tail SEO Opportunities | Unstuck Digital
- Forget the Long Tail Go for the Sweet Spike
- Google’s Relevancy Algorithms Change by Keyword: Longtail vs Core Category Words : SEO Book.com
- SEO Tools – Search Engine Optimization – PPC – Keyword Research | Best Rank
- How the Long Tail works for us | RevaHealth.com Blog
- SEO & User Generated Content
- User Generated Content for SEO | Online Marketing Blog
- Should Your SEO Strategy Target the Head or the Long Tail? – Search Engine Watch (SEW)
- Stepwise Analysis of SEO Long Tail | Latest On SEO Auto World Gadgets Website Lifestyle Cricket & International News
- Bruceclay.com – User Generated Content & Search – SEO Blog
- Three Generations of SEO (Part II) ” HighContrast
- Inventing some new KPIs for SEO
- Excellent Analytics Tip #10: How Thick is Your Head and How Long is Your Tail? | Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik
- Paid Search Analytics: Measuring Value of “Upper Funnel” Keywords | Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik
- Bruceclay.com – Maximizing SEO Returns with User Generated Content – SEO Blog
- SEOmoz | Keyword Research in the Long, Invisible Tail
- User-Generated Content Requires a New Kind of SEO
- Why SEO matters for user-generated content | Cyclone Ranger
- Google Penalty Advice for Webmasters
- Optimizing A Large-Scale Web Site? Do The Two-Step
- Link Theme Pyramid
- Keywords speak volumes: go after the “long tail”
- Ecommerce Best Practice Tip #8: Incorporate discussion forums into your ecommerce site
- The Long Tail and Social Media
You can use the related keywords from the long tail seo page to find additional interesting pages such as: Long Tail SEO Keywords, Long Tail SEO Meta Tags, Long Tail SEO and User Generated Content. There are also some other pages that I’ve found pretty helpful such as those related to specific issues such as 301s, Google Penalty.
Again, I’m trying to find good information on this topic. I’d appreciate any pointers.