CALIFORNIA RESIDENT’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
Effective: January 1, 2020
The California Consumer Pirivacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) gives California Residents (“Consumers”), the right to learn about and control certain aspects of how a business handles the personal information that a business collects about them. For purposes of this addendum, Aggregage, Inc. is referred to as “we” or “our”. Pursuant to the CCPA, effective January 1, 2010, Consumers have certain rights, including:
- The right to know the categories of personal information we’ve collected and the categories of sources from which we got the information;
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing personal information;
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom we’ve shared personal information; and
- The right to access the specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected;
- The right to delete your information; and
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- Consumers also have the right to not be discriminated against if they choose to exercise their privacy rights.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THE CCPA:
|CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THE CCPA||WHAT WE COLLECT||WHY WE COLLECT THAT INFORMATION|
|Identifiers||We may collect your:
|Personal information described in California Civil Code section 1798.80||We may collect your:
|Protected classifications under California or federal law||We do not collect this information.||Not applicable.|
|Commercial information||We do not collect this information.||Not applicable.|
|Biometric information||We do not collect this information.||Not applicable.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history, search history, and information regarding a Consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement)||We may collect your:
|Geolocation data||We may collect this information.||We collect this information to better personalize your content.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||We do not collect this information.||Not applicable.|
|Professional or employment-related information||We do not collect this information.||Not applicable.|
|Education information (information that is not publicly available)||We may collect this information.||We collect this information to better personalize your content.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the above to create a profile about a Consumer||We may collect this information.||We collect this information to personalize your browsing experience and provide services.|
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA:
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Your Personal Information
Consumers have the right to request that a business that sells the Consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, inform the Consumer of what has been collected about them and who it has been sold or disclosed to. Consumers also have the right, at any time, to direct a business that sells personal information about them not to sell their personal information.
- To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Right to Access / Data Portability
Consumers have the right to request that a business that collects personal information about them disclose the following: (1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that Consumer; (2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; (5) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that Consumer.
- To exercise your right to access, please submit a Verifiable Consumer Request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CCPA Request for Access” in the subject line.
- We will reach out within 10 business days to confirm that we have received your request.
- We will then take steps to determine whether your request is a valid Verifiable Consumer Request. If you have an account, we may ask you to login to confirm this information. We will not ask you to create an account if you do not already have one. We will only ask for information that is reasonable in light of the nature of your request.
- Within 45 days, we will provide you with a copy of the information listed in “Right to Access / Data Portability,” above, by mail or electronically. To the extent possible, this information shall be provided in a portable and usable format.
- In the event we need additional time, we will inform you within the initial 45-day period of our need for an additional 45 days (for a maximum of 90 days between request and provision of information).
- We are not required to provide personal information to a Consumer more than twice in a 12-month period.
Right to Deletion
Consumers have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about them. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, a business does not have to delete information if it is necessary to: a) complete a transaction; b) prevent illegal activity; c) exercise free speech; d) comply with a legal obligation; e) identify or repair errors that impair functionality; or f) otherwise use a Consumer’s personal information, internally, that is compatible with the context in which the Consumer provided that information.
- To exercise your right to deletion, please submit a Verifiable Consumer Request by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include “Request for Deletion” in the subject line.
- We will reach out within 10 days to confirm that we have received your request.
- If you have an account, you can log in to request deletion.
- For Consumers that do not have an account, we have created a two-step process for responding to requests for deletion. After you submit the initial request, we will ask that you separately confirm that you would like your information deleted.
- If your request does not fall within one of the exceptions to deletion listed in “Right to Deletion,” above, we will confirm deletion within 45 days. If we are not required to delete your account, we also let you know within 45 days.
Right to Non-Discrimination
A business cannot discriminate against a Consumer because the Consumer exercised any of the Consumer’s rights listed above.
If you have any questions about this California Privacy Rights, or any Aggregage privacy practices, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at:
525 South Douglas Street
El Segundo, CA 90245